Replace the Entry Doors
Replacing any door that faces your street can boost your curb appeal. It can give a whole new vibe to your home.
Here are some other reasons why to replace your doors:
- Saving on heating/cooling costs: replacing old doors that have worn down and no longer efficiently seal the door way.
- Better aesthetics: New doors give a great first impression. Your guests and neighbors will both notice.
- Home Security: Make sure your door is secure and the frame is intact. Not having a secure door can present some risks if your home is ever broken into.
With the winter months on the horizon, having windows that are sealed properly can help reduce your heating bill. If you walk by your windows and feel a draft, chances are it’s costing you. Drafty windows can increase your bill by 10 to 25%!
Here are some other reasons why to replace your windows:
- Keeping the weather outside – rain, snow, wind, heat and cool temperatures.
- Adds to curb appeal – Replacing old windows can help spruce up your home’s exterior look
- Reduce noise – If you live near a park, airport, train station you know how much that noise can be an annoyance.
Replacing your Siding
Your home’s siding is not something that should be under valued. Having siding that is in good condition can help protect your home from harsh weather, gives your home a great exterior presence and can keep insurance premiums low.
Here are some other reasons why to replace your siding:
- Keeps moisture out: Having damaged siding can cause leaks to the structure of the hold and lead to mold and rot.
- New materials – updating your siding to the latest material can help with upkeep
Replacing or Repairing Your Roof
The winter weather can be rough. Inspecting your roof and tending to any problems before the colder weather comes can help save you money come spring. Loose, cracked or missing shingles can cost you more in the long run if it’s not attended to. This damage can cause water and rot damage, interior home leaks and inefficiency in heating your home properly.
Here are some other reasons why to replace your roof:
- Winter Weather – rain and snow can easily get beneath old roofs and into the roof deck where it will rot the house framing, cause mold, leak into your home, etc
- Snow – snow sitting on the roof eventually melts and if your roof is not in good condition ice dams can form at the roof’s edge and force water back up under shingles causes damage.
Which Exterior Home Upgrade do you Need?
If you don’t have the budget to do all of them, have us come out and help inspect your home. We can help you decide on which project is most needed. If you are thinking of having any exterior work on your home give us a call at (610) 270-0305!