Eventually there will come a point when one’s windows will need to either be restored or replaced outright, in order to continue providing you with the homey atmosphere and warmth that a window should provide. New windows can increase resale value, save you on energy costs, and even simply make a house feel like a home. The look and condition of a deteriorating window is usually enough to tell you whether or not it should be changed, perhaps even with a newer, more energy efficient model. So we at Carranza Roofing & Remodeling want to be sure you know the signs to watch out for so you can identify when it comes time to replace your window!
- You are having more trouble than usual opening or closing the window
- You notice fogging on or between the glass panes, from air leaking in and out
- It’s become difficult to clean the windows without fear of damaging them
- Chipping, rot, and water stains have become visible on or around the window
- The style or design of the window seems out of date, and does not match the rest of the house
Once you’ve determined that it’s time to get a new window, there are many issues you should keep in mind moving forward. For instance, the type of glass found in newer models of windows is most likely going to be different than that found in the older windows of your house. Furthermore, where a window is located can have a noticeable effect on the rate of deterioration, due to the amount of light or weather it is exposed to. Using low emissivity glass coatings will also help to protect your indoor furniture, carpets, and curtains from the damage of ultraviolet rays, as well as keeping your home cooler overall.
Don’t wait too long to get rid of your old, run-down windows! Failing to replace or restore them in a timely manner is only likely to lead to further damage. If you are ready to replaced your windows, be sure to call Carranza Roofing & Siding at 610-270-0305 or by visiting our website!